Jason G. Bates joined Connor, Weber & Oberlies in 2021 and works out of the Paoli, Pennsylvania office. Upon graduation from Duquesne University, Mr. Bates served as a clerk for the Honorable Joseph Hudock of the Pennsylvania Superior Court. Upon conclusion of this clerkship, Mr. Bates was employed within the litigation departments of two Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania firms.
Prior to joining Connor, Weber & Oberlies, Jason was a Partner at Connors O’Dell, LLC, and was in the Liability Department for ten years at Holsten & Associates. Jason also has worked within the Subrogation and Recovery Department of Cozen O’Connor in Philadelphia and as a litigation associate within the firm of Sweeney & Sheehan.
Jason has extensive experience in handling various litigation matters at all levels of the State and Federal Court systems, including general defense litigation, municipal law, civil rights litigation, premises liability and automobile negligence litigation. He has state and federal jury trial experience and has experience trying cases at the arbitration level. Mr. Bates has been a presenter in several continuing legal education seminars and paralegal seminars. He also has authored articles on subrogation and social host liability issues.
Areas of Practice
- Defense litigation
- Municipal law
- Civil rights litigation
- Premises liability
- Automobile negligence litigation
- Elder Law and Guardianships
- Connor, Weber & Oberlies, P.C., 2021 - present
- Connors O'Dell, LLC, Partner, 2015-2021
- Holsten & Associates, 2005-2015
- Sweeney & Sheehan, 2002-2005
- Cozen O’Connor, 2000-2002
- Litigation Departments of Pittsburgh Law Firms, 1997-2000
- Law Clerk for the Honorable Joseph Hudock of the Pennsylvania Superior Court, 1996-1997
- Duquesne University School of Law (J.D. cum laude), 1996
- The Pennsylvania State University, The Behrend College (B.A. cum laude), 1992
- U.S. District Court for the Eastern District of Pennsylvania
- U.S. District Court for the Western District of Pennsylvania
- Pennsylvania Bar Association