Related News and Articles
Joseph M. Oberlies served as an Assistant City Solicitor and a Chief Assistant City Solicitor for the City of Philadelphia’s Law Department before joining Connor & Weber, P.C. in 1985. The firm was soon renamed Connor, Weber & Oberlies.
Mr. Oberlies meets the very high criteria of ethical standards set by his peers, as proven by his AV® Preeminent™ 5.0 out of 5 rating from Martindale-Hubbell*.
Mr. Oberlies received the 2017 Super Lawyer Top Rated Civil Litigation Attorney in Philadelphia.
Areas of Practice
- Civil litigation
- Insurance litigation
- Insurance coverage litigation
- Professional liability defense
- Connor, Weber & Oberlies, shareholder, 1998 – present
- Connor & Weber, P.C., until renamed, 1985 – 1998
- Chief Assistant City Solicitor, City of Philadelphia Law Department, 1985
- Assistant City Solicitor, 1983-1985
- Villanova University School of Law, J.D., 1983
- Villanova Law Review, 1982 – 1983
- Hahnemann Medical College and Graduate School, 1979 – 1982
- St. Joseph's University, B.A., cum laude, 1979
- United States Supreme Court, 2004
- U.S. Court of Appeals, Third Circuit, 1984
- U.S. District Court for the Eastern District of Pennsylvania, 1983
- U.S. District Court for the Middle District of Pennsylvania, 1995
- Supreme Court of Pennsylvania, 1983
- Pennsylvania Bar Association
- Philadelphia County Bar Association, member, State Civil Committee
- Pennsylvania Defense Institute
- Philadelphia Association of Defense Counsel
* AV® Preeminent ™ and BV® Distinguished™ are certification marks of Reed Elsevier Properties Inc., used in accordance with the Martindale-Hubbell certification procedures, standards and policies.