Related News and Articles
Joseph P. Connor, III, in 1982 established the firm. William J. Weber, Jr., joined Joseph P. Connor, III to form Connor & Weber, PC as a founding Shareholder in 1984. Joseph M. Oberlies joined Connor & Weber, PC in 1985. The firm was soon renamed Connor, Weber & Oberlies.
For 40 years, he has practiced in both Federal and State Courts with a specialty in the fields of Insurance Litigation. Since that time, the firm while proudly maintaining its Preeminent AV rating has been recognized as a regional leader in the representation of both National and International insurance carriers and their insureds.
Mr. Connor meets the very high criteria of ethical standards set by his peers, as proven by his AV® Preeminent™ 5.0 out of 5 rating from Martindale-Hubbell* and he has developed an impressive biography in the practice of law.
Main Line Today magazine listed Mr. Connor in their “2017 Top Lawyers for the Main Line/Philadelphia Region” for his work in the field of Civil Litigation.
Areas of Practice
- Insurance litigation
- Construction litigation
- Professional liability litigation
- Federal Civil Rights litigation
- Veterinary liability litigation
- General liability
- Insurance coverage liability
- Municipal liability
- Trial and appellate practice in all courts
- Connor, Weber & Oberlies, shareholder, 1998 – present
- Connor & Weber, P.C., founding shareholder, until renamed, 1984 – 1998
- Joseph P. Connor, III, Attorney at Law – 1982 – 1984
- Gibbons, Buckley, Smith, Palmer & Proud, partner, 1977 – 1982
- St. Mary's University School of Law, J.D., 1977
- Associate Editor of St. Mary's Law Review, 1976 – 1977
- Villanova University, B.A., 1974
- U.S. Supreme Court, 1982
- U.S. Court of Appeals, Third Circuit, 1977
- U.S. District Court for the Eastern District of Pennsylvania, 1977
- U.S. District Court for the Middle District of Pennsylvania, 1997
- Supreme Court of Pennsylvania, 1977
- Pennsylvania Bar Association
- Philadelphia County Bar Association
- Chester County Bar Association
- Delaware County Bar Association
- Pennsylvania Defense Institute
- Defense Research Institute
- Philadelphia Association of Defense Counsel
- Marquis Who's Who in America
- Marquis Who's Who in American Law
* AV® Preeminent ™ and BV® Distinguished™ are certification marks of Reed Elsevier Properties Inc., used in accordance with the Martindale-Hubbell certification procedures, standards and policies.