Related News and Articles
Maria Iuanow joined Connor, Weber & Oberlies in 2022. Prior to joining Connor, Weber & Oberlies, Maria practiced medical malpractice defense litigation, defending individual doctors and nurses along with hospitals at Westermann, Sheehy, Keenan, Samaan & Aydelott in White Plains, New York and Martin, Clearwater & Bell, in New York City, New York.
Maria earned her Bachelor of Science Degree from Cornell University in Human Service Studies with a concentration in Legal Issues in Health Care in 1997. While at Cornell, Maria interned at the U.S. Department of Health and Human Services in Washington, D.C. focusing on fraud and abuse involving Medicare and Medicaid claims. Thereafter, in 2000, Maria received her Juris Doctor from Albany Law School of Union University. During law school, Maria interned at the New York State Department of Health, Division of Legal Affairs drafting legal memoranda pertaining to Medicare issues.
Areas of Practice
- General liability
- Insurance Litigation
- Connor, Weber & Oberlies, P.C., 2022 – present
- Westermann, Sheehy, Samaan, & Gillespie (formerly Westermann, Sheehy, Keenan, Samaan & Aydelott), 2003-2008
- Martin, Clearwater & Bell, 2000-2003
- Albany Law School of Union University, J.D., 2000
- Cornell University, B.S., 1997
- Supreme Court of Pennsylvania
- New York State Supreme Court, Appellate Division, Second Department
- United States District Court, Southern District of New York